Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Arrival in England (Originally Posted 4/8/08)

After tons of hours on a plane, we landed in London and guess what I saw upon leaving the airport. Yep, that’s snow. Lots and lots of it. Check out the short clip of how hard it was falling as I waited for my train to London. Took the train to London and caught another to Bath Spa. Arrived yesterday, settled in and then hit the pavement.

I was bone-tired but did not succumb to the temptation to sleep. Instead, I walked up the hill (ugh!) to the Crescent Gardens and caught the hop on hop off bus and tried to get my bearings.

I took a 90 minute tour of the historic Roman Baths, then walked a bit until I decided to hop back on the bus to go back to the B&B.


Today, I ventured back out towards the gardens and made my way to Bath Centre. Along the way, I checked out the Jane Austen exhibit and visited some shops. Afterwards, I headed back to the B&B for a rest and some tea. Later on, I headed back into the Bath Centre and spent a couple of well earned hours in the mineral baths...aaahhhhh....sheer heaven, that was!!!

After my dip, I met up with other gluttons for punishment for a 90 minute comedy walk in the very cold weather.
My feet and legs are going to punish me for all the walking I’ve been doing but it’s all good. Tomorrow, I’m off to Stonehenge and the Cotswalds. Will post more tomorrow evening. Ta-ta for now.

No comments: