Thursday, September 3, 2009

Internet Connections Have Been Spotty at Best (Originally Posted on 3/14/09

So unfortunately, my blogging is at a stand still...I still want to post my pics of Chocolate y Churros and will as soon as I get the chance.

Yesterday I made it to Rome. It was a lazy day since I got no sleep the night before and had an early flight and it took a while to find my ride. I spent an hour or so acquainting myself with my new neighborhood and took it easy. I was able to finish a reading whole book yesterday!! It was great.

Today, I ventured out and found my school so I wouldn't feel so lost Monday morning. It's about 8 stops (maybe 15 minutes) and another 15-20 minute walk away from where I'm staying.

After that, I went to the Spanish Steps and relaxed there for a bit. I walked up the Michigan Avenue of Rome, Via dei Condotti. It houses some of the biggest designer stores in Rome: Gucci, Bulgari, Prada, Hermes, Ferragamo, Armani, and Valetino just to name a few. Nothing I could afford and probably wouldn't shop at any of them if I could but it was a nice walk.


I stumbled upon a beautiful church, the church of Sant' Iganzio. Beautiful church with some wonderful frescos I'll try to post tomorrow. Afterwards, I had lunch and then bought some gelato on my way to the Pantheon. After seeing that, I had a cup of espresso at a place called Tazza de Oro, which translates to Cup of Gold and it's supposed to serve the best cup of coffee in all of Rome, if not all the world. I don't usually drink espresso, but I downed one in honor of my friend JoAnn who was here with me last time I was in Italy. She's a glutton for caffeine...(Jo-It was not as good as a capuccino but I drink it for you, Buddy.)

I finally reached the Trevi Fountain and sat there a bit and relaxed watching everyone tossing coins into the fountain. I tossed one too.

From there, I made my way back to my neighborhood stopping along the way to buy some fresh bread, salami, prosciutto, and mozzarella for dinner. I also scored some fresh fruit which was horribly hard to come by in Spain. Then I stopped at the store and bought a few more things to hold me for the week. Lugged it all up the stairs and into the apartment.

I don't know what I'll be doing tomorrow but hopefully, I'll be able to make my way to an internet cafe to get my pictures up for y'all. Hope everyone is doing well and having a good weekend.

Ciao for now.

No comments: