Thursday, August 27, 2009

Uneventul Friday (Originally Posted 4/12/09)


Well...sorry I didn't get anything up for y'all yesterday but I got tired.

Woke up a bit early and finally got up and venture out around 11 am or so. Made my way over to Harrod's since my brother requested a couple of t-shirts from there. Got there on the tube and immediately found the store. My gosh, it's HUGE. From what I've read, it's 4.5 acres cram full of stuff! Anything you can imagine is there for the purchasing. My favorite section was the foodie section (I'm sure that surprises none of you). Tons and tons of food. Meats, cheeses, seafood, tea, coffee, chocolate, sushi, dim sum, noodles, ready-to-eat food, take home food, small restaurants, Krispy-Kreme donuts, pasties...I could go on and on. The food was gorgeous! Oh yeah, there was clothes and stuff too.

After wandering around the store for an hour or so, I decided to eat at their little Dim Sum restaurant section. It was good. Worked my way over to the touristy section of the store and found some souvenirs for people. Accidentally came upon the "Diane & Dodi Memorial" fountain thingie. Weird. It's right in the middle of the escalator area surrounded by an egyptian themed room and stuff. Very weird.

After I finished at Harrod's, I was going to go tooling around town some more but I was tired. My feet hurt. My legs hurt. My back hurts. I don't mind the walking but there are stairs every where in this friggin' city! Even the McDonald's has stairs!

The more I walked, the more I hurt, so I decided to head back to the hotel. Bought myself some things to munch on for dinner and tubed it back to my temporary residence where I holed up for the rest of the day. I thought about going down to buy a soda or something later in the evening but the thought of climbing back up those stupid stairs was enough to keep me cloistered.

No comments: