Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Full Day in Bath, England (Originally Posted 2/10/08)


Well...so if I decided I was too tired to do the Stonehenge Tour on my second full day in Bath, I plan to see the city sites the right proper way!

I mentioned that the city of Bath offers free walking tours. They last about 2 hours and are led by volunteers so this would probably be the day I would take advantage of that freebie. Hopefully, the guide will mention extra-ordinary city sites that I should not miss and I will get to see them all.

The main thing I am interested in seeing of course, are the Roman Baths (pictured above) and on some of the photos from my earlier entries.

In all honesty, I do want to take a look around this fascinating city and take advantage of all the historical sites and such but what I’m REALLY interested in doing is this: I’m going to sit around in the Spa doggone it! The Thermae Bath Spa is Bath’s original and only natural thermal spa. My plan is to buy the 4 hour spa session. They also have a cafe & restaurant and a visitor center.

There is a great deal of history in the water and there are some archival films and photos available for viewing if you click on the link above. I have read that the water that is generated in these spas is anywhere from 6,000 to 10,000 years old! Can you wrap your brain around that??? I’m having a hard time doing that myself!

Oh well, who cares if I can wrap my brain around it or not?! The fact of the matter is the main reason for my stay in Bath is rest & relaxation before I hit the bustling city of London and this is where I’m gonna get it!!!

No comments: