Thursday, August 27, 2009

And Speaking of my Room... (Originally Posted 4/9/08)


OMG! First of all, I knew it was going to be small. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor. But I am traveling on a budget and 45 pounds a night is a good deal for London.

The average room runs about 100 to 200 pounds a night (that's $200-400 dollars for us poor people). I'm willing to work with what I get...but DAMN it's tiny!!! (Above pic is taken from the bathroom doorway. At the foot of the bed is a tiny bathroom with a standing shower and a teeny-tiny sink. Behind the front door and to the right of the medium packing cube pictured above is a folding chair, which I'm using as a stand to hold my big packing cube and a small shelf stand that holds a hot water pot and my small packing cube with food.)
Not only that, when I checked in, the kind proprietor tells me they've given me a very nice room on the third floor. THIRD FLOOR!!! WTF! I'm FAT and out of shape dammit!

Worse, I remembered on my way up the stairs (with that heavy, mother-humping piece of luggage) that in England, what we in the States refer to as the first floor, they refer to as the "ground" floor. Get it? So in England, you have the ground floor (G), 1st floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor and so on. Are you all catching my drift here? I had to lug my crap up FOUR FLIGHTS OF STAIRS! I need a friggin' vacation from carrying my luggage! It also makes me hesitant to leave lest I decide I need extra exercise to get back to my room. Other than that, it's clean and safe (CCTV on all stairwells and at the front door) and at a wonderful, wonderful location. Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay while in London!

No comments: